Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yes, I'm still here....

OK, so I know it has been almost a month since I have posted something and after some pestering by my co-worker/friend, I figured it was time I write something....

The planning of our trip is well underway. We actually paid off the balance of our trip on Monday, since the Canadian dollar was starting to take a bit of a dive. We didn't actually need to pay for the balance until March 22nd, but at a rate of $1.30 and getting worse, I wasn't taking any chances.

I also have all the restaurants booked. Here is where we are eating, in order:

Wolfgang Puck
San Angel Inn
Spoodles
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
50's Prime Time Café
The Wave
Le Cellier


We had considered going to a signature restaurant one night, but figured it was going to be a little difficult with 2 kids and traveling on the WDW bus system. Most of the signature restaurants are in the hotels, which means a lot of bus transferring.

The one thing you will notice is we have booked Le Cellier twice. Yes, we love it that much. The one problem I had was getting a dinner reservation for the 9th of May. Initially, I had to take a lunch reservation, but was able to get a 7:15 dinner reservation for the same night (with thanks to the same co-worker/friend). As mentioned, Janice's birthday is on that day, and this is where she wants to eat. We are afraid it is going to be too late for the kids. The plan is to keep trying in the lead up to our stay, to get an earlier seating. As the same co-worker/friend mentioned, with the state of the economy, more people may cancel trips and reservations.

I also ordered a couple of surprises for Janice for both her Birthday and Mother's day. Unfortunately, I can't give away the details right now, as she may read this entry. I'll let you know what it was in a post-trip report.

Only 63 more sleeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment